Key Tasks And Responsibilities
- Assist the Finance Manager with the preparation of monthly management accounts.
- Monitor and analyse monthly operating results against budget
- Assist the Finance Manager in the compilation of the annual statutory accounts and audit.
- Monitor and interrogate the information held on the ERP system.
- Work with the Finance Manager to implement and maintain effective control measures within the accounting system.
- Calculate and implement accurate costing information for stock valuation pricing and margin analysis on existing products.
- Maintain customer pricing information in both the ERP system and in Excel spreadsheets for customer use
- Assist the product team with costing analysis for new product development, and suggest appropriate pricing to maximise profitability.
- Support Finance Manager with accurate stock valuation within the ERP system of both UK and Benelux.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with other internal departments within the business.
- Provide financial support to other departments within the business, respond quickly to requests and work proactively to add value across the business.
- Think long-term to improve the efficiency and accuracy of automatic financial reporting including sales reports, KPIs, and management of working capital.
- Work alongside the IT department to maximise the reporting capability within the ERP systems.
- Prepare financial analysis for product or capital investment decisions.
- Provide financial analytical assistance in ad-hoc projects where required.
- Maintain a flexible approach and be a supportive and active member of the Fish4pets finance department.
- To commit to the continued development, sustainment, and improvement of the organisation’s Quality Management System, and any future management systems that the company may decide to implement
- To abide by Health and Safety regulations, and roles and responsibilities as defined in the company’s Health & Safety Policy.
- AAT qualified, or equivalent or qualified by experience
- Previous use of integrated ERP system would be advantageous [desirable]
- Minimum intermediate Excel skills are essential
- Knowledge of SAP B1 would be an advantage but is not necessary [desirable]
- Experience working in a Finance Department of an SME [desirable]
- Previous experience of manufacturing/stock management [desirable]
Aptitude, competencies, skills, and abilities
- Good numeracy with the ability to effectively analyse and assess data
- Strong Excel and reporting skills
- High level of accuracy with careful attention to detail
- Good organisational skills, able to multi-task, prioritise and think ahead
- Ability to express ideas effectively. Ability to organize and deliver information appropriately. Listen actively.
- Ability to deal with change and diverse people.
- Ability to plan and organise tasks and work responsibilities to achieve objectives. Ability to set priorities, schedule activities, and allocate and use resources properly.
- To take action to influence events. Ability to generate ideas for improvement, take advantage of opportunities and suggest innovations.
Personal attributes and Disposition
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Can build relationships with internal and external contacts
- Quick learner, methodical approach, and able to think logically
- Resilient and hardworking, willing to work independently in fast-paced environment
- Pleasant and confident manner for dealing with a wide variety of people
- Driven to find ways to continuously improve
- Company pension
- Employee discount
- Store discount
- On-site parking
- Cycle to work scheme
- Life insurance
- Wellness programme
- Company events
- Hybrid Working (after a period of training).
In return you can expect excellent benefits in return as outlined, and 23 days holiday entitlement in addition to the usual English and Welsh public/ bank holidays.
Fish4Pets Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and we pride ourselves on a positive working culture.