Key Tasks And Responsibilities
- To develop, maintain and lead the company’s global commercial strategy aimed at maximising long-term shareholder value and increased profitability;
- Analysis of activity within the pet sector to develop the best and most effective business plans to inform KPI’s, including current market and product trends;
- To monitor the commercial activities of competitors to maintain Fish4Pets’ competitive edge;
- To lead all sales departments in developing and meeting performance KPI targets, whilst being involved in the motivation, development, performance management, and succession planning of existing talent;
- To be a key contributor in the development and implementation of brand and corporate-level marketing strategy;
- To have direct key account management responsibility for multiple strategic accounts; Achieve agreed sales targets in these strategic accounts, both for growth and profitability, thus achieving key account plans.
- Maintain high customer satisfaction ratings.
- Actively assess, clarify and validate customer needs on an ongoing basis.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with senior leaders within the global pet sector, including board-level contacts within the major retailer chains;
- Act as an outstanding ambassador and role model for the company maintaining and expanding excellent relationships with industry opinion formers, strategically large customers, and other stakeholders;
- Directly and via team leadership undertake the responsibility for business development activity in key markets and channels including the UK, Europe, S.E. Asia, China, and the USA;
- To develop new business and increase market share in new territories, new sectors, and via new channels to market;
- Build on our existing footfall in regard to our USP of fish protein-based pet food;
- To produce annual commercial budgets and activity plans for approval by the main Board (i.e., shareholder board);
- The leadership responsibility for global, regional, and channel pricing policy;
- To ensure all customer agreements and pricing negotiated is commercially sound;
- Key contributor to strategic plan development including major projects, sales performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones (traditionally a 3-year planning horizon);
- Lead the sales departments to support supply chain colleagues with accurate sales forecast data;
- Provide timely feedback to the main board regarding the company’s commercial performance including a quarterly activity report;
- Work with the HR Manager with reference to team recruitment, according to strategy and or staff turnover. To lead all sales departments recruitment as agreed by the CEO;
- Support the Customer Service director and team to deliver customer service excellence;
- To commit to the continued development, sustainment, and improvement of the organisation’s Quality Management System, and any future management systems that the company may decide to implement;
- To abide by Health and Safety regulations, and roles and responsibilities as defined in the company’s Health & Safety Policy.
- Degree level qualification [desierable]
- Professional sales management qualification an advantage [desierable]
- Proficiency in an additional language/s an advantage [desierable]
- A full valid driving licence
- Extensive experience of executive sales and commercial responsibility, both in the UK and Internationally.
- Extensive experience of executive sales and commercial responsibility in applicable sectors i.e. pet food, grocery, FMCG
- Key Account Management track record with major UK and international accounts with a proven track record of achieving sales growth and delivery of results to business plans.
- Strategic Business Planning with demonstratable experience of aligning Company business objectives, to team KPI’s
- Demonstratable experience of relationship building to drive business growth
- Production and maintenance of annual budgets
Aptitude, competencies, skills, and abilities
- A natural leader with an ability to inspire performance
- Strong commercial outlook and an entrepreneurial approach to key account management
- Ability to constructively challenge
- Commitment to continuous improvement
- Strong planning and organisational skills, with consideration to the wider business and impact on teams
- Strong analytical ability
- The ability to work calmly under pressure
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, maintaining close, trusting relationships with key stakeholder
- Skilled mentor and coach
- Ability to make informed decisions based on facts, business requirements, and business aims and objectives.
- Strong IT, budget, and report writing skills.
Personal attributes and Disposition
- Ability to build rapport
- Willingness to share and receive knowledge
- Logical thinker
- Team Worker
- Collaborative attributes
- Ability to travel and work unsocial hours on a regular basis
To apply please submit a covering letter along with an up-to-date CV